Wednesday 26 September 2012

ushers-ex-wife-tameka-foster-im-not-a-gold-digger-

Tameka Foster and Usher attend the Quincy Jones Listen Up Foundation Q Prize Awards on January 24, 2007 in New York City. 

Usher opened up about his tumultuous relationship with Tameka Foster on the September 16 episode of Oprah's Next Chapter, and now his ex-wife has decided to share her side of the story

"I kind of just felt like it was time to clear a few things up," Foster, 41, explained to host Nancy O'Dell, 46, September 25. "I have been very guarded and protected."

Foster, a celebrity stylist whose clients included Lauryn Hill and Mary J. Blige, married Usher in 2007 when she was five months pregnant. The two are parents to sons Usher V, 4, and Naviyd, 3. After a lengthy and emotionally-charged custody battle, a judge awarded the R&B superstar primary custody of his children with Foster on August 24, 2012.

The warring couple briefly called a cease fire over the summer when Kile, Foster's 11-year-old son from a previous relationship, was fatally struck in the head by a jet ski.
"I'm still in shock," she said. "I think this will probably be the greatest pain I will ever experience, losing him. But, it gave me strength beyond measure and it made me determined to fight for my other [children]."

During her interview with Entertainment Tonight, Foster was also asked about Usher's alleged relationship with one of her bridesmaids. (During the  "Scream" singer's interview with Oprah Winfrey, 58, he insisted nothing physical happened until after he and Foster were separated.)
"He admitted to sleeping with one of the two. It was a very disappointing revelation. I had suspected it for some time," Foster told O'Dell. "I hate to say it, but I somewhat empathize with her. . .She fell into somewhat of a trap. I think that she got very close to him as a result of being my friend and I feel like he used it to his advantage


No comments: